Welcome to Year 4!
It's so lovely to have you all back in school and ready to learn again!
The Year 4 team
Miss Clark - Class teacher 4C (email: email@example.com)
Miss Bevan - Class teacher 4B (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs Treharne - Year 4 Learning Support Assistant
During the current COVID19 situation, please use school emails to contact us about any non-urgent issues.
Anything more urgent can be passed to us via the main school office.
- Diaries and reading books should be in school every day. Pupils should be reading a minimum of 3 times a week with their diaries signed to reflect this.
- Homework is given our every Friday consisting of short English and Maths activities designed to recap and reinforce current learning.
- Spellings are sent home on Fridays to learn for weekly spelling tests.
- Water bottles will be sent home everyday to be washed and refilled.
- Children can bring in their own pencil cases which should be left in school.
- Please provide a healthy snack (fruit, cereal bar, cheese etc) as we are unable to provide tuck at the moment and the fruit scheme does not apply to KS2 children.
Friday is PE day and children should have a change of footwear, under present COVID conditions, children will not be getting changed into a full PE kit, but they must have trainers or pumps to change into. They will be learning sports that require no contact such as dance and fitness while restrictions remain in place. Due to current restrictions, swimming will not take place until at least after half term.
This half term, using Augustus and his Smile as a stimulus, we will be developing our English skills by writing about Augustus' journey to find his smile. In Geography, we will learn more about the location of tigers around the world and using clues from the text explore his journey around the world. In Art, we will be using print to replicate illustrations and Henri Rousseau’s work, in particular "Surprised! Tiger in a Tropical Storm."